Anything going on?

Do you understand Italian? No? Well... No Problem!!! Here we speak in English!
Use this section to help yourself in the RV world!

Moderatore: Michelangelo

URV

Anything going on?

Messaggio da URV » mar 5 dic 2017, 1:47

Hello there! I joined this community over a year ago with the intent to familiarize myself with this side of the community (and, ideally, to learn a bit of Italian in the process). Unfortunately, things got a little busy soon after, and I never really got around to doing that. However, even if it's been a while, I haven't dropped the idea, and I would still definitely like to get to know you guys better.

I haven't been keeping an eye on things, so I'd like to ask whether there are any racing events or competitions being hosted around this time of the year. If not, would anyone be interested in organizing something?

Marco repainter

Re: Anything going on?

Messaggio da Marco repainter » mar 5 dic 2017, 8:46

Hi URV! I'm glad you keep getting interested to our community :good: .
For the event or competition we make you can visit Multiplayer section were we publish tournament, event or Re-Volt Racing Night (or RRN). This last competition is the most played in our community. In fact in one RRN we runs on the 13 original track of Re-Volt in 3 laps, with different modality of game: yes or no bonus, selectable car of one class or one same for everyone, normal track or reverse, or specular, or reverse specular and 10 8 6 or 10 6 4 score. For make a RRN is necessary be in 4 people at least. We race one RRN at day usually and we organized in the ARM telegram group, asking for how many people are free for race and sometimes we make the live for this competition (you can find the last live on YouTube ARM Channel). Even if we are less then 4 people we run the same but without sign it in the RRNetor.
We make also Toshinden and Battle Tag.

For tournament, as I already told you, you can find topics on the Multiplayer section. For example now are open the inscription for the ARM Track Editor Fight Tournament (that is a online and offline tournament using Track Editor) and in January will start another tournament.
Anyway, anytime we want to do something for event or competition we write on that section, so let's take a look ;-)
"Banca MediolARM: costruita intorno al rep" cit. Michelangelo :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
"Una RRN senza bonus è come una corsa ai ladder, con la differenza che non c'è un tasto di restart
e che gli altri saranno sempre migliori di me."
ARM Card

THE B!
Utente

Messaggio da THE B! » mar 5 dic 2017, 9:03

Hey URV , welcome back! :festa:
I'm very happy you're interested in our community! :good:
As for events and competitions at the moment, we have the Phat Slug Tournament II edition which is almost finished, an offline tournament. The Arm Track Editor Fight XIII is about to start, the inscriptions are still open.
During the week, Re-Volt Racing Nights are organized to run together and have fun.
We are also organizing a championship to start the 2018, the Krazy Kart Championship (link to the 2014 championship).
Finally, the competitions concluded in 2017 were:
- FRS AI Championship
- Torneo per il XVIII Compleanno di Re-Volt
- Transformers: l'ultima Adeon
- 2° Gran Premio LIVE di ARM from the ARM rally in Torino
- TRVC: HIDE AND SEEK
- Serie ARM 2017
- Serie BRM 2017
- Campionato ufficiale Alias Re-Volt Master from the Osimo trade fair
- ARM TM - Torneo Multiclasse
- 6shinden ARM Challenge
I hope to have you answered correctly (I do not know English to perfection :3 )
And again welcome back! :-)
IL GIORNALISTA DI ARM!!! 8-) Tutte le mie interviste sulla pagina Interviste.

La mia ARM CARD

Miei tornei: PHAT SLUG TOURNAMENT, Captain Adeon: Car War, Arm Track Editor Fight Memorial Review Tournament, Transformers: l'ultima Adeon
Mie creazioni: Le auto di Re-Volt!, Ruddles County Stories

Lo Scassatore

Messaggio da Lo Scassatore » mar 5 dic 2017, 10:36

If you want more informations/details about the events hosted by me (FRS AI Championship, Krazy Kart Championship) feel free to PM me or ask directly in this topic. :mrgreen:
Programmatore Eremita
Osa terminare ogni frase con un |-(
- Osa essere uno Scassatore

Stefano

Messaggio da Stefano » mar 5 dic 2017, 16:54

Hi URV! Welcome back to ARM!! :good:
Our online events (exept competitions) aren't schedule like I/O but they may happen casually.
Usually when someone want to race, he leaves a post in the topic "Revolt Racing Nights" and if there is someone else that can race too, the event starts.
I hope to race with you soon!! :-)
My ARM card 12

"Nel mio biglietto da visita sono un presidente d'azienda. Nella mia mente sono uno sviluppatore. Ma, nel mio cuore, sono un giocatore." (Satoru Iwata)

SpoilerMostra
10 465
Per non dimenticare...

URV

Messaggio da URV » mar 5 dic 2017, 20:33

Thank you for the quick responses, everyone! I'm definitely going to try joining as many events as possible, and I think I'll start out with the Track Editor tournament, if I still have a day or two to complete my entry.

I forgot to ask, do I need to set up my game any differently from how we do it on the I/O side? Normally, we stick with the latest RVGL version and just connect to sessions via RV House or directly by IP. Sorry if this information is already listed in the aforementioned topics, I might have missed it.

Hermes

Messaggio da Hermes » mar 5 dic 2017, 21:33

URV ha scritto:
mar 5 dic 2017, 20:33
do I need to set up my game any differently from how we do it on the I/O side?
Normally we use the latest version of RVGL, unless otherwise specified.
The main difference is that we use our own VPN and TeamSpeak to communicate, whose server-sides are installed on our own server located in Italy. The aims of this type of organization are the lag reduction during races and the resolution of an old problem about joining to an existing session or hosting a new session due to the structure of some italian internet service provider.
If you want to take part to our RRNs or tournaments you should follow carefully this guide. :-)
If you like challenges ( 8-) ), you can read that in italian clicking on the first link of my signature! :mrgreen:
"I computer sono incredibilmente veloci, accurati e stupidi. Gli uomini sono incredibilmente lenti, inaccurati e intelligenti. Insieme sono una potenza che supera l'immaginazione." (Albert Einstein)

"Se i fatti e la teoria non concordano, cambia i fatti." (Albert Einstein)

I miei Tornei:
SpoilerMostra
1 - Toshinden ARM Challenge
2 - VII Compleanno Forum ARM
3 - Re-Volt Artificial Intelligence Pre-Season - F2
Hermes's ARM Card

Kratos

Messaggio da Kratos » mar 5 dic 2017, 21:38

Hi URV, welcome back on ARM!
We use the last version of RVGL, currently 17_1124 to race online, for both RRN and online tournaments
I think you should activate the '-nop2p' and '-nouser' options for your .exe file, but I ask for the others' help here XD
if you'd like to join this winter's edition of our ARM Track Editor Fight, I can tell you the main rules, but you should
read the whole presentation in the main topic ;)

(I ask for TheFactor82 and Michelangelo's help, maybe we could translate the
rules in english for foreign users)

this tournament is composed of 2 phases: online and offline. in the online phase the users will race on every track
sent to the refree (this time it's me), after 30 minutes of free trial. the car used is the same for everyone, jg-7.
in the offline phase, all the users who partecipate the online phase, and the users who sent me their track without
racing online, must give a score to each track (but not their own one).
in the end there will be 2 winners: the winner of the race, anche the creator of the track with the highest score.

the refree can accept only track made this way:
max area: 10x10, 9x11, 8x12, 7x13, 6x15, 5x18
no bonus on the track, since it's a no bonus race
no decoration pieces, each piece put on the track must be used for its original purpose
you must use only pieces of the track editor, nothing else created outside the editor
there must be only one main path

I hope this will help you :)
if you have other questions, we're here to help :)
Pagina ufficiale K-3D

se volete una livrea personalizzata chiedete pure a me
"Non è una questione di cosa puoi o non puoi fare, certe cose vanno fatte e basta" - Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII
Non c'è niente di più cattivo di un buono che diventa cattivo

La mia ARM Card

Michelangelo
Moderatore

Messaggio da Michelangelo » mer 6 dic 2017, 18:10

Hi URV and welcome back on ARM! :-)
As Kratos already told you, ARM Track Editor Fight is a tournament is about to start. The track made by the track editor must be delivered to Kratos within Saturday 16th December at 11:59 pm (GMT+1). The topic of the tournament is THIS and the rule is in the spoiler of the first post.
If you have any doubt don't hesitate to write us in this topic, in the ATEF topic or via PM, as you want! :-)
Vincere non è importante, è l'unica cosa che conta - Gianpiero Boniperti

Sono felice che abbiate sorriso, esultato, pianto, cantato, urlato per me e con me. Per me nessun colore avrà tinte più forti del bianco e nero. Avete realizzato il mio sogno - Alessandro Del Piero

Immagine

La mia ARM Card

URV

Messaggio da URV » gio 7 dic 2017, 21:44

Thank you again! I think I have a pretty good idea about things now.

I admit I'm not very keen on using a VPN for this, as it's one extra step (I'm kinda spoiled with the simplicity of just joining via IP, heh), but I'll look into it nonetheless. I am quite curious how big of a difference it will make regarding lag.

Glad to hear I still have 9 days 'till the ATEF tournament—that'll give me plenty of time to set things up and build a track. Hope to see you guys there!
Ultima modifica di URV il gio 7 dic 2017, 21:44, modificato 1 volta in totale.

Michelangelo
Moderatore

Messaggio da Michelangelo » sab 9 dic 2017, 17:43

I'm glad to see your interest for our tournaments! :-)
Furthermore, I suggest you to join our Telegram channel at THIS link. In this channel we announce all the news about tournaments and if there's a RRN which is about to start (RRN are tournaments "semi-official" that are oganized extemporaneously to have fun together). :-)
Vincere non è importante, è l'unica cosa che conta - Gianpiero Boniperti

Sono felice che abbiate sorriso, esultato, pianto, cantato, urlato per me e con me. Per me nessun colore avrà tinte più forti del bianco e nero. Avete realizzato il mio sogno - Alessandro Del Piero

Immagine

La mia ARM Card

Kratos

Messaggio da Kratos » ven 15 dic 2017, 20:46

hi URV, I'd like to remember you that you still have 2 days to send me
your track for our ARM Track Editor Fight, if you want :-)
if you need help, please ask here whatever you want :-)
Pagina ufficiale K-3D

"Non è una questione di cosa puoi o non puoi fare, certe cose vanno fatte e basta" - Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

La mia ARM Card

URV

Messaggio da URV » sab 16 dic 2017, 4:56

Hey! Had a bit of a busy week, but I plan on finishing my track and sending it today. If there's one thing I would need help with, it's confirmation whether I understand the rules regarding track making:

- The track must use the brown/wooden/stars textures, not the grey/carpet/street textures;
- I am not allowed to create more than one track;
- The track must not be double-sized;
- No pieces should be used for decoration (i.e. all pieces used in the track must be part of the raceline, including all extra paths from bridges and crossroads);
- The track must be fully made in the track editor, without any extra edits (e.g. via MAKEITGOOD);
- I am allowed to send my track even if I can't participate in the races;
- I am not allowed to show my track to any other participants.

A few extra questions: am I allowed to modify the track name (in order to get rid of the "User-" prefix) and add some music, just for fun? Also, when are the races expected to happen, exactly? I can't seem to find or remember the exact date and time, and I ought to ensure I don't already have any plans that might conflict with the competition.
Ultima modifica di URV il sab 16 dic 2017, 5:06, modificato 2 volte in totale.

Kratos

Messaggio da Kratos » sab 16 dic 2017, 11:01

Hi URV , the rules you listed above are all correct, but let me explain you just one thing :)
You have to send me just the .tdf file, not the whole track folder :)
So once you have finished the track in the editor save it and send it to me,that's all :)
Of course, you can choose the name you want and I'll write it in the .inf file :)
For the music I have to say we never used music before, but maybe we could use a Christmas theme music for every track :D
In the end, I ask you to join our official telegram channel, @aliasrevoltmaster, because every news about races and tournaments will be written there, too :)
I hope I solved your doubts, but as always if you need help we're here for you!

P.S.
I almost forgot. Remember to check the track area!
The biggest square you can use is 10x10, otherwise you can use the rectangular dimension specified in the topic :)
Ultima modifica di Kratos il sab 16 dic 2017, 11:07, modificato 1 volta in totale.
Pagina ufficiale K-3D

La mia ARM Card

Etneus95
Utente
Contatta:

Messaggio da Etneus95 » sab 16 dic 2017, 11:18

Hi URV, welcome to ARM, I'm very happy to see you are working on a track for our ATEF! :-) Another rule that you might not have noticed is that your track must be built inside a 10x10 grid.
The tournament is planned for Tuesday 19, h22 GMT+1, so let us know in time if you will be joining us. :good:
I also recommend subscribing to our Telegram channel: together with tournaments news, you will also be noticed when people are arranging for racing (usually early afternoon h15-16 and night h22-23)
Ultima modifica di Etneus95 il sab 16 dic 2017, 11:22, modificato 1 volta in totale.
-La nostra vita è un continuo tentativo di risolvere rompicapi.- [Erno Rubik]
-Prendi bonus, urta Siculo.- [A. Senna]
-PLONDO!- [A. Meucci]

Rispondi